Everyone is online these days, from the occasional blogger to the largest global enterprise.
But how you establish your online presence depends on many factors:
- Business Needs – are you a setting up a personal web site for blogging or social media, an eCommerce business with international reach, or a Fortune 100 business with business-critical applications supporting a world-wide customer base and mobile workforce?
- Cost – do you already have an extensive IT infrastructure with solid high-performance servers and network capacity, including the technical personnel resources to support it 24×7? This can be an expensive proposition, even for the largest businesses.
- Security – do you have extraordinary security requirements, such as handling financial transactions, credit card data that requires PCI compliance, or health-related records that fall under HIPAA regulations?
Even for small-volume web applications, if you’re going to rely on your web site for communicating with customers, doing business, or simply sharing experiences and opinions – you need to be assured that the site will be up and running when you need it.
Why Use Web Hosting?
Web hosting provides a solution for building and maintaining secure web sites and database applications, without the expense of creating and maintaining internal clusters of servers.
Many factors go into creating an infrastructure for effective web application functionality:
- Hardware – server and storage technology changes rapidly. Keeping up with improvements in performance and updating or replacing aging equipment is a costly proposition.
- Software – database software, operating systems, security software, and business applications require continuous updates to improve functionality and maintain support requirements. Security software must be upgraded frequently, to ensure protection from new malware and virus attacks as they’re identified.
- Networks – network appliances and software also require regular updates and monitoring to provide peak performance and effective utilization of bandwidth. Firewall software and hardware also must be updated frequently for protection from external intrusions while still providing access to legitimate resources.
- Personnel – let’s not forget the technicians and management that keep the infrastructure running smoothly. Recruiting and retaining technical personnel is a task not to be taken lightly, from either a cost or vulnerability perspective. As technology changes, on-going training must also be provided to keep network engineers and server technicians current.
Web hosting solves each of these problems for your business, leveraging the infrastructure and personnel investment of the hosting service to provide the essential services you need.
From a business perspective, why build what someone else has already developed – when they’ve done it well?
Arvixe is a web hosting service provider that has created just such an infrastructure, and makes their resources available to individuals and businesses of all sizes.
Arvixe Reviews – Background
Hosting web services since 2003, Arvixe prides themselves in their reputation for quality, high-availability, and affordable options. The company provides a wide variety of services, including:
- Shared web hosting service
- Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
- Managed dedicated server hosting
Arvixe hosting services are home to thousands of global enterprise, small business, and personal web sites. Respectable industry sources that include HostReview and Inc. magazine have recognized the company as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world in their market.
The “Arvixe Advantage” is the company’s term that expresses their commitment to quality service and support.
How Arvixe Measures Up
Arvixe provides a guarantee of 99.9% uptime, with a credit offered for anything less. For dedicated plans, that promise is extended to 100%, also with a credit for any default of that guarantee.
Their data center is backed up with both UPS to provide continuous power, and backup power to keep systems running should the battery power be exhausted.
Daily backups and security updates meet or exceed the levels of continuous operation and security assurance that many hosting services provide.
Other services offered by Arvixe that make them stand out in the field include:
- Free domain name for the life of your accounts
- Free RVS site builder, with a Softaculous Script installer
- Free transition from another site
- Support 24/7/365 that includes phone support, live chat, support tickets, active forum, and knowledge base with considerable depth in FAQs
Nearly every web hosting service has unique offerings or inclusions in their available plans, and Arvixe is no exception. Their options and free features may be important factors for you in signing up for their services.
Features of Arvixe Web Hosting
Arvixe provides a feature-rich blend of services and options to customers, including live online support and access to a customer portal, with many desirable and useful features either not available from competitors, or available at extra cost:
- Unmetered disk space and data transfer utilization
- Unlimited email accounts
- Free online store and site builder capabilities
- Easy-to-navigate control panel
- Guaranteed 24/7 support staff
- Free instant setup
- Free domain registration
Like most web hosting services, Arvixe provides tiered service levels to accommodate the various needs of individuals and businesses.
Shared services are available at various levels:
- Personal Class – provides Windows, Linux, and Mac-friendly services at extremely affordable pricing, including 1 free domain (6 for Linux), and unmetered disk space and data transfer
- Personal Class Pro – move up to Pro services to include 5 domains (unlimited for Linux)
- Business Class – Business class increases uptime and reliability by reducing the users on each server
- Business Class Pro – increases domains from 10 (6 for Linux) to unlimited (Windows or Linux)
Shared services include many functional features, depending on the class of service selected:
- Sophisticated control panel access to monitor and manage system activity
- Unlimited domain aliases, subdomains, and FTP accounts
- HTML editor, website builder, and other development tools
- Secure email with unlimited mailboxes, forwarders, autoresponders, and mailing lists
- Spam Assassin Spam Blocker
- Databases and development with Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, and more
- Unlimited video and audio streaming
Security is an essential component of any web hosting service, and Arvixe provides security at multiple levels:
- Secured network Entry/Exit
- Redundant carriers for network support and reliability
- Constant network monitoring
- Firewall technology
- Brute Force Detection
- Security updates performed nightly
- 15K RPM Raid 10 disk storage
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit, and want to start your own web hosting business? Arvixe can make that happen for you with their Reseller Class services:
- Reseller Class – includes 50 GB disk space, 500 GB/month data transfer, and free SSL for life
- Reseller Class Pro – bumps you up to 200 GB disk space and 2,000 GB monthly data transfer
These services allow you to market your web hosting business, while leaving the technical support and server management duties up to the professionals at Arvixe.
Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting
Arvixe also offers VPS services for those who need to step up from shared services, but don’t require the exclusive resources provided by dedicated servers.
- VPS Class – 50 GB dedicated disk space, 2 GB memory (1.5 Linux), 4 CPU cores, 2 IP addresses
- VPS Class Pro – boosts your power to 100 GB dedicated disk space, 4 GB memory (3 Linux), 8 CPU cores, and 2 IP addresses
Dedicated Server Hosting
Dedicated Class – for optimum levels of performance, security, and reliability, Arvixe can provide you with a dedicated server that gives you the highest levels of uptime and processing power. Multiple processor and configuration options are available to match your business requirements.
With dedicated class, you enjoy the power and security a single-tenant server provides, while letting the technical resources at Arvixe manage the administration, security, and 24/7 support.
Utilize your choice of Windows or Linux operating systems, managed via cPanel and WebSitePanel control panel services.
Cloud Class provides the flexibility of the Arvixe Advantage that let you take control of your server(s) in the cloud, while still providing all the advantages of Arvixe support and monitoring of your servers.
Cloud services utilize Hyper-V technology to provide all the functionality of a dedicated environment on the server, allowing you to take control of your environment for application or security updates.
Cloud Class can also be provided in Windows or Linux environments, utilizing WebSitePanel to manage Windows environments, or cPanel/WHM for Linux systems. Cloud Class is also offered in tiered levels to suit your needs – Basic, Pro, or Premium levels.
Cost and Special Offers
Arvixe markets their services as being extremely cost-effective both for individuals and business customers.
- Personal Class starts with pricing as low as $7/month – $10/month for Pro level
- Business Class services start at $25/month – $38/month for Pro level
- Reseller Class starts at $23/month – $53/month for Pro level
- VPS Class starts at $43/month – $73/month for Pro level
- Dedicated servers start at $131.70/month, and go up depending on hardware requirements
- Cloud hosting services start at $111/month
Add-ons/Extras for some service levels (no hidden charges) include:
- Priority Support – $20/month
- SSL Certificate – $25/year
New customers also can benefit from an initial 20% discount found on the Arvixe web site.
Arvixe also offers a no-risk 45-day money-back guarantee of satisfaction with their services.
Arvixe Customer Opinions
One of the best measures of a hosting service before you invest your time and money is comments and opinions expressed by ex isting (and former) customers.
Arvixe surveys their customer base regularly, and publishes the customer’s Arvixe reviews openly on their web site:
- “You guys offer a great service for a great price and I appreciate it.”
- “Very fast and good help desk response and a great feature is that they send you instruction videos.”
- “After several research and feedbacks I moved to Arvixe and I must say it was a nice move!”
- “From the very start Arvixe has been there to help me regardless of my experience level”
Additional unsolicited Arvixe reviews and comments from users include:
- “Arvixe has a lot to like. We love the security options and the daily backups. The unlimited bandwidth and storage are helpful, typically only seen on more expensive plans elsewhere. And the free domain name for life is a nice touch.”
- “If you’re in need of a web hosting setup that’s more powerful than shared web hosting, but far less expensive than dedicated web hosting, Arvixe has attractive VPS packages starting at $43 per month. Regardless of the tier you select – there are six in total – you enjoy unlimited email, domains, and monthly data transfers. That freedom is important if you envision your company growing over time.”
Arvixe offers customers considerable flexibility in services provided, at a broad range of pricing.
The company’s plans include many standard features that other hosting service provide at additional cost:
- Unlimited disk storage
- Unlimited data transfer/bandwidth
- Multiple domain name availability
- Free Google, Bing, and Yahoo ad credits, for customers who intend to incorporate online ads for visitors or customers
- Nightly backups and security updates
- Free migration/transfer to Arvixe from an existing site
While all this may sound like the right move for your personal or business web services, it’s also worthwhile to consider any negative aspects or reviews of the service.
Real Arvixe Reviews have provided some insight to their experiences that are less than high praise:
- “In addition to poor uptime, Arvixe unfortunately also struggled with their page loading times. Over the past eight months, they delivered 536.18% slower than the competition (coming in at 5662ms compared with 890ms). That’s not a good result, considering how important (yet neglected) page speeds are to the success of your website.”
- “Arvixe used to be a great hosting company. Sadly, they’ve fallen to the bottom in terms of support, speed, and uptime over the past few years. After 4 months, I still have unresolved tickets with them.”
Since statistics have shown that web page speed is a critical factor in making conversions from clicks to sales, it behooves prospective customers to evaluate the performance of web hosting vendors before signing any long-term commitment.
Seeking out competitors for evaluation is a responsible step in making your selection for the hosting service that most closely suits your requirements.
Examples of other web hosting services worth considering:
Arvixe Reviews – Choosing a Web Hosting Service
It always pays to perform due diligence in making such a business decision as signing with a hosting provider.
Evaluate not only the service, but the company, to ensure they have the proper attributes:
- Experience in the industry
- Financial stability
- Technical resources in personnel to manage and support the services offered
- Management structure to deliver what they promise
- Tools available that you identify as necessary to run your web site or business
There are many advantages to leveraging a web hosting service for your business or personal use:
- Avoid the cost of building technical infrastructure
- Reduction or elimination of the need to recruit and retain IT resources
- Speed to market – get a site up and running in mere minutes
- Support – use the provider’s technical support to solve problems quickly without business disruption
- Flexibility – increase resources and services as you grow, without delays or expensive upgrades to software or hardware
Arvixe provides customers with hosting services that include:
- Blog hosting
- CMS hosting
- Drupal hosting
- eCommerce site hosting
- Hosting for forums, social networks, and community websites
Whatever your hosting needs are now, or for the future, they can provide hosting services and worldwide access to your site(s). Careful evaluation of performance and support are still essential to ensuring a satisfying relationship with any web hosting service.