First lets go over the basics..
What is Webmail?
Using Webmail you can access your email via a web browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer). The main advantage to using Webmail, rather than using an email application (e.g. Outlook), is that you can easily access your emails from any computer anywhere in the world (having an Internet connection).
What is an email signature?
Email signatures are used to display your name and contact information. The signature is automatically inserted, usually at the end of the email. Using an email signature saves you time every time you send an email to someone.
Now lets go into the details…
How to access Webmail in Cpanel?
Below pictures shows where you access Webmail from inside your Cpanel. (Every web host using Cpanel comes with Webmail.)
Clicking the icon will bring you to this login screen where you have the option to access Webmail using Horde, RoundCube or SquirrelMail (they may look different but they all have the same core features; email forwarding, replying, address book, folders, junk, spam and so on).
Pick the Webmail application you prefer the most (personally I prefer Horde).
Creating an email signature in Horde
Create a signature in Horde Webmail by following the steps below:
- On the icon bar at the very top of any mail page in the Horde WebMail application, click on the options icon.
- In the Your Information column, click Personal Information.
- On the Personal Information page, click Edit Your Identities.
- Select the Default identity from the Your Identities pop-up menu, type your signature text, and click the Create button.
- Confirmation that the change you have made to your default identity will appear at the top of your window stating “adding a signature file.”
Creating an email signature in Roundcube
Create a signature in RoundCube by following these steps:
- Click on “Settings” at the top right side of the page.
- On the Settings page, click on the “Identities” Tab.
- Double click on the email address that you want to create a signature for.
- Add your signature.
Creating an email signature in SquirrelMail
Create a signature in SquirrelMail, in the Personal Information section, by following the steps below:
- First, log into your SquirrelMail.
- Click on Options at the top of the screen.
- Click on “Personal Information.”
- On the next screen you will be able to insert your signature.
All done.. Now test that your signature works by sending a test email to yourself or to a friend or family member.
Latest posts by Matt (see all)
- Automatic Website Backup and Why You Need One! - November 12, 2015
- Starting Your Own Beauty Blog For Under $100 – Insanely Simple & Easy Steps - October 13, 2015
- Managed WordPress Hosting Comparison [Infographic] - September 28, 2015