When it comes time to select a web hosting company for your blog, your personal website, your business, or your ecommerce site, there are literally thousands of options out there to choose from.
With the billions of sites that have come online since users began flocking the internet 20 years ago, the field has become crowded with web hosting providers. Not surprisingly, this competitive arena means there are all levels of price and value.
Along with your hosting company’s cost, you need to consider the following:
We’ll go over these one by one, and then we’ll talk a little about what Stablehost has to offer.
What to Look for in a Web Hosting Solution
Your site’s speed is directly tied to bandwidth, which is a measure of how much data flow your site can handle. When a user accesses your site with a browser, the hosting provider’s server receives a request and then responds by literally serving up your site’s content. As traffic to your site picks up, you’ll need more bandwidth to be able to deliver more data and handle the demand.
Security is all-important in any business or ecommerce site, of course. Your visitors and customers need to be certain that their information is secure, especially in today’s environment of datas in both social media and ecommerce.
The Northn Credit Card Association has set up a set of standards for web security and ecommerce sites, and the site’s SSL certificate is key to those standards. If you’ve ever noticed a little padlock icon in the web address section of your browser, that means that a site has an SSL certificate – which is an encrypted link between the browser and the host’s web server. This encryption is a guarantee that any information passed between the two systems is going to be secure and private. SSL certificates also boost SEO rankings for ecommerce and business sites.
Service, of course, is also a huge concern with any website. W hen you’re looking for a web hosting company, you’ll need to ask what kind of customer service and support they can provide. Is there 24-hour phone support? Is support done via email or chat? Does the provider offer a help ticket system? If so, how quick is the turnaround time? Is there any sort of uptime guarantee?
In light of these concerns, let’s talk about Stablehost they have to offer.
Why Not Stablehost?
At Stablehost, you can choose from several different options and tiers, depending on your site and your needs.
- WordPress: WordPress is far and away the most popular option for bloggers, with over 70 million users around the world using this easy-to-use platform. For WordPress users, Stablehost offers more than 10,000 free themes that are perfect for mobile, tablet, or PC use. It’s a perfect tool for bloggers, can be installed with a single click, and is fully customizable with HTML or code.
- Shared hosting: If you have a smaller site, shared hosting is an excellent option. Shared hosting simply means a number of separate websites are being processed through the same server. Think of the server as being an apartment building and each website as an apartment. Shared hosting may have limitations when it comes to storage space and resources, but it’s cost-effective. Stablehost’s shared hosting solutions include unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited websites (with Pro or Platinum plans), 24/7/365 email support (email and phone with Pro plan), script troubleshooting, and DDoS protection.
- Enterprise web hosting: Even if you’re a beginner or a startup with no experience, Stablehost makes it easy to get rolling with enterprise web hosting options. You can enjoy total peace of mind and security with unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited websites (at Pro and Platinum levels), 500 accounts per server (50 at Platinum level), script troubleshooting, 24/7/365 email support (email and phone at Platinum level), and 2 Gbit/s of DDoS protection.
Virtualized Private Servers
Many website owners are finding virtualized private servers (VPS) to be a good compromise between shared servers and dedicated hosting, which is where each site has its own server. VPS incorporates virtualization software that enables each website to operate as though it were housed on a dedicated server. VPS is flexible and self-contained, with an allocated number of resources that can operate as an isolated microsystem of its own.
If you’re thinking that VPS will be a good option for your business, check out some of the VPS plans and features that Stablehost has to offer, including things like:
- Enterprise level hardware with 96 gigs of RAM, pure-SSD hard drives, and dual E5-2620 hardware – all up-to-date and robust.
- Industry expert support, with Level 3 technicians who know everything there is to know about their systems and servers. No stalling, no fumbling, no frustrating non-answers – just solid support from techs who know what they’re talking about.
- Virtuozzo and KVM technology
- Phoenix, Chicago, and Amsterdam server banks
All VPSs are subjected to a fraud screening process and are then manually activated (which can take up to 24 hours to complete). VPS plans offer speeds of up to a gigabit, with bursts of up to 1000 Mit/s if needed. Website owners have control over their sites, and all VPS plans come complete with root access and SSH for autonomy on decisions and configuration. After all, whose website is it, anyway?
High Availability Clustered Hosting
If you’ve been reading about clustered storage networks but are a little put off by the price, Stablehost wants to talk to you. Their clustered hosting solutions monitor the health of all the SSD drives once every 60 seconds. Any time a file is added or changed on a website, it’s automatically moved to the best server that’s available at that particular point in time.
If there’s an overload or a sudden hardware problem, your website is automatically moved off to another drive, so you experience no interruptions in service and only the best performance possible. This system of fail-safes and backups means that failed nodes are detected automatically, and websites are assigned to a different server inside of 60 seconds for an assurance of zero downtime. Clustered hosting is an especially important option for ecommerce sites that literally cannot afford downtime.
For some sites, dedicated hosting is the only way to go that makes sense. If you anticipate a lot of traffic, a need for a great deal of bandwidth or the peace of mind that comes with extra security, dedicated hosting is a great option.
If this is you, Stablehost offers dedicated server solutions that are Linux-, Unix- or Windows-based, with servers that are scaled to fit just about any dedicated hosting budget or needs. You can choose from 4, 8 or 16 GB of RAM with custom servers available if you need more, all with phenomenal performance and reliability. The folks at Stablehost will even migrate everything from your current servers over to their dedicated servers free of charge.
Here’s a quick breakdown of pricing and packages for dedicated servers:
If you’re looking for a domain name, the folks at Stablehost got you covered as well. All new domains are available with .uk, .club, .xyz, .nyc, or .bio addresses, with free WHOIS protection to secure your identity online. Each domain comes with its own email address that can be forwarded to your current Gmail or Outlook account, with a DNS editor, and top-tier support to help you when you need help.
One aspect of Stablehost that users have really come to love is the selection of tools and resources available for building websites from the ground up. Stablehost offers hundreds of templates with themes such as Restaurant, Business, Portfolio, Staff, Blog, and more, built with HTML5 and created by experienced, professional designers.
Their Sitebuilder tools are easy to use – as simple as dragging and dropping images (no coding required). You can find video guides and FAQs that can walk you through the process, with resources that can easily connect your site to social media like Facebook and Twitter. Templates are optimized for the web, mobile, and tablet, and SEO tools are even available to enhance your site’s search engine ranking with just a few mouse clicks.
Looking to add another revenue stream? Stablehost’s reseller hosting plans allow you to bring in significant income by serving as your own de facto web hosting company for clients. For $9.95 a month, you can get the Basic package of 20 GB of disk space and host up to ten clients, or upgrade to Pro with 40 GB of disk space and up to 50 clients for $19.95 a month. For high-end resellers who want to take on 50 clients or more, there’s the Plus package, with 60 GB of disk space and up to 100 clients.
These all come with SSD drive hardware, unlimited bandwidth, LiteSpeed’s PHP caching (up to nine times faster than most servers), industry-standard cPanel software for managing websites, and R1 backup that stores weeks’ worth of restore points and backs up all sites on a daily basis. And of course, you can count on the same excellent support that you’ve come to expect with Stablehost’s help center. You can also become an affiliate with Stablehost, earning up to $55 for every client you refer to them (all payable via PayPal).
Along with a fantastic selection of services and features at low prices, these are some of the things that make Stablehost such a great place to do business:
- Stablehost is a tightly knit team of about 15 people who are deeply engaged in what they do and who can lend personal attention to your needs. It’s a far cry from the huge, faceless mega-brand web hosting companies that have thousands of employees and treat you more like a number (or a sum on a ledger) than a company or an individual.
- Stablehost’s control panels for web and VPS hosting are industry-standard. There’s no need to reinvent the wheel, and Stablehost wants to make it easy for customers to keep control of their websites and not have to get up to speed on a whole new control panel system when they make a switch of hosting companies.
- While Stablehost’s core group may be small, they’re privately owned and have been on a steady upward track of growth since their inception in 2009. They carry no debt and fold all revenues back into Stablehost for agility and responsiveness. They’re a client-facing company that continues to offer new features and new advances to customers.
These are just a few of the things that make Stablehost a unique choice out of all the thousands of web hosting providers around the world. They offer a combination of security, service, flexibility, and speed at prices that beat the competition when you compare what’s actually offered and put on the table at that price point.
Best of all, their services and options are completely scalable, and are ready to grow when your business takes off or your website starts bringing in more traffic. Stablehost doesn’t believe in hooking you up with services and prices that are more than what you need, in hopes you can eventually grow into it.
If you’re looking into options for web hosting, it’s certainly worth your time to give them a shot.